Sunday, October 31, 2010










My life and what having depression is like for me

I was diagnosed with depression when I was 13 and since then my life hasn't really been easy at all. I was put on anti-depressants when I was diagnosed with depression and to this day I am still taking the anti-depressants. The anti-depressants my doctor has put me on since I have been diagnosed are Wellbutrin, Effexor, Lexapro, and Zoloft. The only anti-depressant that really works for me is Zoloft. I honestly wouldn't recommend Effexor and Wellbutrin to anyone because Effexor made me so tired that I fell asleep in class and couldn't even stay awake and Wellbutrin didn't work worth crap. I hope sometime soon to be able to slowly back myself down off of my anti-depressant and never have to take it again because over the years I have learned how to control myself. My boyfriend has also helped me so much with my depression. Before I met him I used to constantly sleep, rarely leave my house, hardly ever eat, barely ever talk to anyone, rarely ever come out of my room. Now that he is in my life I've started eatting again, sleeping when I'm suppose to, leaving my house more often, laughing and smiling, and getting out of my room way more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment